Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was one of the very first dishes my mother taught me to make. I think I made it for about a month straight. My friends were sick of it! I've perfected it a bit since but it's still my momma's chili!
- Brown lean ground beef (7%) with onions, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt in a small pot.
- In a large pot, add 1 cup hot water and chili brick. Heat on low until the brick dissolves.
- Drain ground beef and add to chili brick.
- Add reamining 2 cups of hot water, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, chili powder and chili seasoning to the pot.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve over brown or white rice.