I came up with this after several tries (experiments?)in an effort to reduce carbs. The traditional version has a very high carb count and lots of flavor. The carbs have been reduced here, but I think the flavor remains. I used bacon, which keeps the salty and crunch of french fried onions. I used Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce w/Portobellos instead of cream of mushroom soup, which keeps the mushrooms we love, but omits needless carbs! I used whole milk- yes whole- because it keeps it creamy and the fat adds flavor. My family loved this version and it's my husband's new favorite at the holidays. And, he's a difficult man to please! Plus it ended up being lower in calories than the traditional version! How great is that? -low carb, less calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Recipezaar didn't recognize Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce w/Portobellos in the ingredient list so I had to list it as Bertolli's Mushroom Alfredo Sauce.
- 2Heat oven to 325°F Mix green beans, milk, alfredo sauce, soy sauce and salt/pepper to taste in 1.5 qt casserole dish. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 3Makes approx 5 servings (3/4 cup each).
- 4Nutritional Information according to my calculations:172 calories,8 g fat,6.4g net carbohydrates, 8g protein.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 1135.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom alfredo sauce