1/1 Photo of My Individual Microwave "strata"
The original recipe uses german rye bread and is made in the oven. This is much quicker and I have made the recipe more healthy by using lite wheat bread and only egg white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the tomato, onion, jalapeno, and mushroom. Mix with black beans and add spices to taste.
- 2Put into individual microwave bowl and cook on high for 45 seconds.
- 3Beat egg white until frothy. Tastes better I think with the whole egg but healthier with just egg white. Pour evenly over the mixture in the bowl.
- 4Toast the bread. Cut it into cubes and make it the top layer in the strata. Here I also like to drizzle some smart buds butter spread on top but you can either add your favorite sauce or leave as is.
- 5Microwave on high for 1 minute. Check. Microwave again until the egg is completely set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Individual Microwave "strata"
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: