Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have used this recipe for topping all fruits from canned peaches to freshly stewed apples. It works well with all. Serve with sweetened whipped cream and or custard as a nice winter dessert.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and then flour and baking powder which have been sifted together.
- Lastly mix in the milk to get a spreadable batter.
- Spread over hot fruit in an oven proof dish.
- Bake at 400'F/200'C for 30 minutes approximately or until risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
just like mum used to make loved it!
Made this for use as a topping for a dried fruit compote I'd whipped up & it was great, adding, as it did, a nice finishing touch! Now I want to try it on a fresh fruit dish I've been thinking about! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]