Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is MY MOST REQUESTED recipe! This one's made me a famous chef, indeed, not just in Oman, but in India, in Pakistan, in Sri Lanka and England as well! This is one of my favourites and you can make me 'live' on my treadmill forever, but, in no way will I cut this one off from my diet ever! :) Absolutely, adore this baby. Many people I know have become addicted to this recipe and serveral more have been asking for it for a long time, so, I finally made up my mind to share it. I'm sure you'll all love this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (plain)
- water, to knead
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, baking powder, sugar and all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add oil and yogurt.
- Prepare a soft dough.
- Keep aside for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- (I always keep it overnight for better results) Make small round balls out of it.
- Roll them with 1/4 inch thickness.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain excess oil on clean kitchen towels/paper napkins.
- Serve immediately (hot, once made!) with chana masala!