Recipe by Laize*Daize
Never add water to this tried-and-true recipe. Ground rosemary really makes the difference. We usually serve this savory stew as is, and sometimes over egg noodles. Delicious with cornbread. Venison may be substituted for the beef.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs beef roast, trimmed and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package link sausage, cut in thirds
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 carrots
- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 turnips
- 1 onion
- 2 white potatoes
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, braise beef and sausage in olive oil until browned. Drain and return to pan.
- Add tomatoes, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and heat over medium heat.
- Clean, peel, chop vegetables, and add to pan with bay leaves and rosemary.
- If additional liquid is needed, add more beer - do not add water.
- When stew begins to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 2 hours.