Recipe by cinnamin
Who doesn't love snickerdoodles? Just say the word - "snickerdoodle" - it's awsome! When I was little I'd always request my mother to make these for me. I'm only guessing on the yield...I don't remember how many cookies this makes!
Top Review by sprue
these were great little cookies! i messed up and put the cinnamon IN the cookies before i realized the cinnamon was for the cinn/sugar mix. they were almost like a gingersnap.. but so good and nice and soft cookie. cooked up great. i only baked mine for about 8 min. and i got almost 4 doz.. but they were probably smaller than the recipe says.. they were a huge hit though.. thanks!
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to make a cinnamon-sugar mix for rolling dough balls in before baking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Into a large bowl mix wet ingredients, then gradually add dry.
- With a mixer, beat at low speed until blended.
- Shape dough into a large ball, cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refridgerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tsp cinnamon with 2 tbl sugar.
- Shape dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll dough balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat lightly (I like to coat somewhat more than lightly -- ).
- Place balls about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.