Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Who doesn't love snickerdoodles? Just say the word - "snickerdoodle" - it's awsome! When I was little I'd always request my mother to make these for me. I'm only guessing on the yield...I don't remember how many cookies this makes!
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to make a cinnamon-sugar mix for rolling dough balls in before baking)
- Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Into a large bowl mix wet ingredients, then gradually add dry.
- With a mixer, beat at low speed until blended.
- Shape dough into a large ball, cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refridgerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tsp cinnamon with 2 tbl sugar.
- Shape dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll dough balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat lightly (I like to coat somewhat more than lightly -- ).
- Place balls about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
these were great little cookies! i messed up and put the cinnamon IN the cookies before i realized the cinnamon was for the cinn/sugar mix. they were almost like a gingersnap.. but so good and nice and soft cookie. cooked up great. i only baked mine for about 8 min. and i got almost 4 doz.. but they were probably smaller than the recipe says.. they were a huge hit though.. thanks!