1/3 Photos of My Favorite Rolled Sugar Cookies
I found this recipe on a bag of Wal-mart sugar some time ago, and it was so simple, I had to try it. I have tried a zillion sugar cookie recipes, trying to get the soft cookie I like best. I think I have found the perfect sugar cookie. Please note that your cookie yield will vary, depending on what size cookie cutter you used. When I use a variety of sized Christmas cookie cutters, I normally get about 2-1/2 dozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream together sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and egg.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup, level off. Add the flour, baking powder and salt to creamed mix, mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour for easier handling.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time to approximately 1/8 inch thickness (I don't whip out a measuring tape at this point--just an estimation--eyeball to the thickness that you prefer.).
- 6Cut with desired cookie cutters.
- 7Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate as desired.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees 5-9 minutes until edges are very light golden. (In my oven, this takes about 6 minutes.) Be careful not to overbake (if you like soft cookies, as I do.).
- 9Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Rolled Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1942.4
- Calories from Fat 874
- Total Fat 97.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.8 g
- Cholesterol 352.9 mg
- Sodium 1557.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 245.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 24.2 g