Recipe by hollyfrolly
Ina Garten's fantastically EASY (we won't forget flavorful and juicy!) grilled lemon chicken. Recipe from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. (I love to serve this with a crisp green salad and a glass of white wine. -Yum!) **Time does not include marinating hours**
Top Review by Baklava
My mother found this recipe in one of my Barefoot Contessa books and made it. My picky eater son absolutely loves it. I especially like it with Ina Garten's 'couscous' recipe from the same book ( a lovely combination). You'll really love this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed (4 lemons)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt, kosher
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk together all ingredients and add chicken to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
- Over a hot grill, cook chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.
- At this point, you may skewer with wooden skewers and serve with satay dip, if desired.