1/7 Photos of My Favorite Childhood Spoon Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is another of my old standby recipes for good old southern spoon bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat eggs and sugar together until volume of eggs is doubled.
- 3In a pan on a burner at low heat, melt butter, then add milk and heat until not quite boiling.
- 4Add salt to milk and butter mixture.
- 5Add the corn meal gradually and cook over low heat, making sure you stir constantly, for about 5 minutes, until very thick.
- 6Remove from heat and fold in beaten eggs.
- 7Grease a 2 quart casserole and pour mixture into it.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- 9Serve hot with plenty of butter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Childhood Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g