1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef by Chance's Note:
This is my favorite cold day soup. True comfort food. The recipe doesn't specify what kind of milk. Skim milk works fine but I'm sure thicker milks might taste even better. I guessed on the prep/cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the potato and wrap in foil. Bake potatoes for approximately 1 hour until done. Let cool, then scoop the pulp and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile cook the bacon, let cool, then crumble. Set aside.
- 3Chop onions.
- 4Melt butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Add the flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stir constantly.
- 5Increase to medium heat and gradually add the milk, stirring consistantly until thick and bubbly.
- 6Add the potatoes, salt, peppers, half of the green onions and bacon. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- 7Cook until thoroughly heated, then stir in sour cream. Can add more milk if desire a different consistency.
- 8Top with remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.2
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 1132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.8 g