1/2 Photos of My Famous Rosemary Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
This dish is made simply with simple ingredients and a lot of love. My dinner guests and family get very satisfied looks on their faces and young children ask their moms to make this for them at home. I have made this dish with fresh oregano instead of and in combination with the rosemary and it was just as good. The fat from the chicken (schmaltz) flavors the potatoes. Cooking time really depends on the size of your chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, split up the back and flattened a bit (or chicken pieces, with skin and bones)
- 4 baking potatoes, washed well and cut into 8-10 pieces each (you may use equivalant red potatoes if you want)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper (I usually use a mortor and pestle)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a large baking pan with foil.
- 3In a bowl mix together the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 4Rub about 1/3 of this mixture all of the chicken and work some of it under the skin.
- 5Mix the potatoes and the rest of the herb mixture together and scatter over the baking pan.
- 6Lay the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- 7Some will be under the chicken and some will not.
- 8Place in the oven for about 1 hour or until the chicken is done.
- 9Check the potatoes and move them around from time to time.
- 10Cook until the juices from the chicken run clear and the potatoes are soft.
- 11Remove chicken to cutting board to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- 12Return potatoes to oven while chicken is resting.
- 13You might even turn the oven up to 400 degrees for a few minutes if you want the skin of the chicken crisper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Famous Rosemary Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.4
- Calories from Fat 475
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 1039.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 45.6 g