1/3 Photos of My Family's Tuna-Pasta Salad
1 hr 20 mins
My mom used to make this for us when we were kids and Dad was out of town. (He was a meat and potato guy). I've adjusted it a little to fit our taste. Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 10 ounces macaroni (small shell)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, to taste
- 2 -3 medium dill pickles, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup hellman's light mayonnaise (may add more)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper (We all like this with a lot of pepper)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Add the frozen peas to the pasta just before you take it off the stove to drain in the colander.
- 3In a large bowl mix mayonnaise and vinegar.
- 4Add pasta and peas and mix well.
- 5Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Refrigerate for about an hour to chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family's Tuna-Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 599.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 18.4 g