Recipe by ~Nimz~
My mom used to make this for us when we were kids and Dad was out of town. (He was a meat and potato guy). I've adjusted it a little to fit our taste. Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by cass and sam
This was very yummy! I eyed the relish and had dill relish so used that instead of cutting up a pickle and used onion powder-i'm sure the crunch would've added like in the celery but any hint of onion and my hubby won't bite! We enjoyed this, thanks for the delicious side!!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 10 ounces macaroni (small shell)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, to taste
- 2 -3 medium dill pickles, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup hellman's light mayonnaise (may add more)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper (We all like this with a lot of pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add the frozen peas to the pasta just before you take it off the stove to drain in the colander.
- In a large bowl mix mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Add pasta and peas and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to chill before serving.