1/27 Photos of My Family's Favorite Sloppy Joes (Pizza Joes)
Hey Jude's Note:
I've tried many recipes, this is the best. I once 'dec-tupled' (10x) this recipe to sell sandwiches at a craft fair at my church. People were waiting in line to buy leftovers. Freezes well, goes up to the lake or camping well and is a hit on Halloween...it's no-fail. Easy to double, triple, etc. I've been making Joes this way for over 20 years. ***03-08-09, I just reinvented this recipe tonight when I went to make it for dinner and found I didn't have an 8-oz. can of tomato sauce (shame on me). The family was upset with me when I subbed an 8-oz. can of pizza sauce and told them to suck it up and call them 'Pizza Joes' and then served them up with shredded mozzarella cheese on the toasted buns, top and bottom. They loved it. I left out the BBQ sauce in this preparation and just used a 1/2 cup ketchup. Pizza Joes are good to go!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion.
- 2Drain the fat, who needs it?.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4If Joes appear too'loose', leave cover off and let moisture evaporate.
- 5Cook until it's the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family's Favorite Sloppy Joes (Pizza Joes)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 733.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g