Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Dad never bought the box mix inthe 1950's it was not out than, but he called this Hamburger Helper. Easy to fix.
- 1 (1 lb) box pasta, any bite-size shape
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired ((or more)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Cook pasta as directed on box.
- 2 Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- 3 Drain grease and add sauce.
- 4 Heat.
- 5 Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture.
- 6 Stir in cheese until it just melts.
- 7 Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- My Tip's: The only thing I added was a little bit of chopped onion when I brown the beef. I used a bit less pasta and a bit more beef (approx 25%). I used 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup of cottage cheese to make it creamy at the end. It was twice as yummy the next day for lunch. This was a quick, easy recipe that I will be working into my OAMC routine. Today, I added garlic and chopped onion to the hamburg, like always. Next time, I will use half the pasta called for and will use my usual mix of basil and oregano in place of the italian seasonings.