CHEF GRPA's Note:
My Dad never bought the box mix inthe 1950's it was not out than, but he called this Hamburger Helper. Easy to fix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 Cook pasta as directed on box.
- 22 Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- 33 Drain grease and add sauce.
- 44 Heat.
- 55 Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture.
- 66 Stir in cheese until it just melts.
- 77 Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- 8My Tip's: The only thing I added was a little bit of chopped onion when I brown the beef. I used a bit less pasta and a bit more beef (approx 25%). I used 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup of cottage cheese to make it creamy at the end. It was twice as yummy the next day for lunch. This was a quick, easy recipe that I will be working into my OAMC routine. Today, I added garlic and chopped onion to the hamburg, like always. Next time, I will use half the pasta called for and will use my usual mix of basil and oregano in place of the italian seasonings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Dad's Italian Hamburger Helper
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.8
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 502.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: