Mom's Italian "Hamburger Helper"
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Drain grease and add sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture.
- Stir in cheese until it just melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was quite good, especially considering how easy it was to make. As other reviews suggested, I added an onion to the ground beef, and used fresh garlic instead of powdered. I also cut back on the pasta and used 1/2 lb. Kids loved it too so I might have to try and sneak some extra veggies in next time. Will definitely make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a High School Marketing teacher. I have three boys (18,187, & 13) and a Realtor husband. I collect cookbooks and love to cook creatively, but end up making mostly the same family favorites or quick meals with our schedules. I started cooking when I was 10, and owe it to my parents who never said "that is too hard to make". My secret vice is the FoodNetwork.