Recipe by juliafrawley
Title is self explanatory, needed to figure out something and came up with this...big, big hit with both kids and hubby.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 slice bacon, strip uncooked
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 5 cups cooked whole wheat penne
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Non stick skillet add extra virgin olive oil on a medium heat, add onion, garlic and sprinkle with sugar. Stir every couple of minutes till the onions start to soften and almost turn color. Push them over and add into an empty spot in the pan the bacon. Give it some small motions around till it starts to crisp then incorporate with the onions and let all continue to caramelize.
- Take the cubed uncooked chicken breast and sprinkle with the flour, some salt and pepper and toss to mix/coat chicken.
- Push the onion bacon mixture to one side of the pan and drop in your chicken spreading out into one layer if you can. Cook for 3 minutes then flip chicken and cook another 3 minutes.
- Combine together the chicken, onion, bacon mixture.
- Add into the skillet you drained cooked noodles, oregano, red pepper flakes and butter. Combine and let simmer together on low heat, stirring occasionally. Let sit for 5 minutes on low and then sprinkle with cheese. Give a good stir and taste to see if needs more salt or pepper -- eat then and enjoy!