Recipe by Neesie123
I read some smoothie recipes here, and then modified it to something that I really like (my first try didn't work so well, but this is so healthy and it's like 5 servings of fruit for the day)!
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (or an orange, but OJ is cheaper)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I don't like the fake stuff)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and enjoy!
- I also sometimes add frozen raspberries.
- This is just one serving for me - it's a big one, with about 300 calories (I eat 6 times a day, so this is a perfect small meal).
- My time on making it can be up to 10 minutes, but I don't have a regular blender (just a hand-held). So your time may be much less.
- Notes: i throw in a few ice cube, some nutmeg (after mixing in nutmeg) or cinnamon, and today I topped it off with two tablespoons of whipped cream and some cinnamon (after mixing in nutmeg).