Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I read some smoothie recipes here, and then modified it to something that I really like (my first try didn't work so well, but this is so healthy and it's like 5 servings of fruit for the day)!
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (or an orange, but OJ is cheaper)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I don't like the fake stuff)
- Mix and enjoy!
- I also sometimes add frozen raspberries.
- This is just one serving for me - it's a big one, with about 300 calories (I eat 6 times a day, so this is a perfect small meal).
- My time on making it can be up to 10 minutes, but I don't have a regular blender (just a hand-held). So your time may be much less.
- Notes: i throw in a few ice cube, some nutmeg (after mixing in nutmeg) or cinnamon, and today I topped it off with two tablespoons of whipped cream and some cinnamon (after mixing in nutmeg).
What's not to love here. Very refreshing and oh so healthy. You could omit the sugar and use Splenda and/or Nutrisweet also...Fabulous!!