Recipe by MTDavids
CAUTION: Consumption of this meal will require extra exercise and eating bran muffins for breakfast for a week. Boy, is it worth it though. The package of Grands will make 8 biscuits. Save to cook later or serve on the side with your favorite jam or jelly. Based (loosely) on a recipe by Sandra Lee. The original called for Swiss and Parmesan, but the Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss cheese (or Fontina) provides a rich and unique flavor to the Mornay sauce. Enjoy rarely please so I can sleep nights.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup laughing cow creamy swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Biscuits And Eggs
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 cooked asparagus spears, halved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and salt and mix until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cheeses and stir constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, cover and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- BISCUITS & EGGS:
- Bake rolls per package instructions.
- Blend eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add egg mixture.
- Scramble eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Halve biscuits and place on plates.
- Top with eggs, asperagus, sauce, and garnish with chives.
- NOTE: Baking the rolls before you start the sauce will save a few minutes.