Recipe by Girl from India
I sned this sandwich for lunch whenever we have mutton leftover. Simple and tasty
- 8 slices bread, buttered
- 1⁄4 kg boneless mutton or 1⁄4 kg lamb, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon butter (for sauteeing)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 cup spinach (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 green chili, chopped fine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add onions and fry till translucent Add ginger and garli paste and saute for 2 mins.
- Add mutton, salt, cumin, pepper and chilli (if needed) Fry till light brown.
- Add coriander leaves (cilantro) Remove from fire and let it cool.
- On one slice of buttered bread arrange the mutton mixture and top with Spinach and cheese.
- Cover with another buttered slice of bread.
- Note: You can add tomatoes to the mix too and fry it after the onions.
- blend mayo into the mutton mixture after it cools and use as a sandwich spread.