1/4 Photos of Mutter Paneer -- Indian Cheese Curry
A fabulous vegetarian curry, which I got off a blog, www.route79.com -- taste and fall in love! You can add a finely chopped hot chilli if you want to spice it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g paneer cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil, for frying
- cilantro, chopped (to garnish)
- 1Put a little bit of oil in a deep, heavy bottomed frying pan and brown the cheese, turning frequently so no sides burn. When it is browned, set aside on a plate.
- 2Add more oil, if needed, to the pan and throw in the onions.
- 3Let them fry until golden, then add the garlic and spices.
- 4Fry some more for a couple minutes, then add the tin of tomatoes and about 1/2 cup of water.
- 5Let simmer for about five minutes, then put in the fried cheese and peas and simmer covered over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 6Check the consistency and simmer some more if needed to bring it down to a thickness you like.
- 7Serve with rice and other Indian curries of your choice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mutter Paneer -- Indian Cheese Curry
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: