Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
My DH who is not fond of horseradish and discovered he really likes horseradish mustard leading to my trying it in all kinds of new ways. Horseradish mustard, mustard seed and rosemary make a delightful coating for these easy roasted potatoes.
- 6 red potatoes, medium size cut into chunks
- 59.14 ml horseradish mustard (or substitute Dijon Mustard)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml rosemary, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml mustard seeds
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Pre heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for potatoes.
- The toss the potatoes in with the mustard mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Bake on large greesed pan for 25 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes around, then bake for another 20 minutes.
I used small non red potatoes for this and it was a delicious and easy recipe. The potato slices were crispy and cooked quickly. People were eating them from the baking tray - always a sign of a winner !!
I used potatoes from our CSA box but I don't know the variety-one may have been Dutch or Yukon and the other some red skinned variety...? Anyway, they were perfect for this recipe because I didn't have to peel the potatoes. I used black mustard seeds for color and a 50/50 mixture of Dijon and horseradish. Fresh rosemary from our garden. Easy and great tasting! Reviewed for Veg Tag/September.
These have great flavor and got quite crispy. I used all horseradish but think I'll try it with part Dijon next time. The leftovers worked great in breakfast burritos. Thank you, Debbwl.