Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite kind of mustard, the kind where the mustard seeds pop in your mouth. The recipe is from Bon Ap petit February 2012 and was created by Chef Mark Jacksina from Charlotte, North Carolina. It lasts for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often and adding water by tablespoons if mixture is too dry.
- Cook until mustard seeds and still firm and intact and pop like caviar when bitten into, about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let mustard mixture cool completely.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Keep chilled in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.