Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Don't let the name throw you off--these are hauntingly good cookies.
Make and share this Mustard and Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In bowl, cream Crisco and brown sugar. Beat in molasses and egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, mustard, cardamom, salt and cloves.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and then roll in additional sugar.
- Bake at 375°F till surface cracks or about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack completely.
grandma2969, this is the second time I've made these, love um!! I have no idea what I did in 07 but they turned out like you said they would this time. I added the crystalized ginger, and fresh grated ginger this time but it still didn't have the bite I was looking for....they are delicious even without the extra zip. I took pix again and I hope others try your recipe as they don't know what they're missing!!! yuuummmmm!!