1/3 Photos of Must Try Low Fat Raspberry Dessert (Panna Cotta-Ish)
3 hrs 20 mins
In the UK, Marks & Spencer do THE nicest dessert at this time of year - a raspberry panna cotta. Now for those doing Weight Watchers you'll know that panna cotta is practically a deadly sin, so I made up my own low fat version to try and stop me buying the M&S stuff. It's ever so healthy and really tasty - you wouldn't believe it's low fat at all in my opinion. It's almost core but I think you have to count gelatin(?) in which case it's not quite. Depending on whats in your cupboard you can either make this with a flavoured topping or just add vanilla and keep it simple (and more like a panna cotta). This week I've used raspberry jelly though and I think this is my fave version so I'm posting it this way, but if you want to make the plain vanilla version you may need to add some splenda if you like your desserts sweet. Please note that you have to make this recipe in two parts so allow time for setting, etc. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spoon 2-3 tbsp of the raspberry juice into a bowl and sprinkle on the gelatin. Leave to soak for a couple minutes.
- 2Place the raspberries and remaining raspberry juice into a pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Add the soaked gelatin and simmer until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 4Pour raspberry/gelatin mixture into a medium sized bowl (mine is 17cm across by 5cm deep) and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- 5Place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour or until partially set (the mixture doesn't need to be totally set, just set enough to take the creamy topping).
- 6Add your sachet of raspberry jelly to the boiling water and mix well until all the granules have dissolved. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 7In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth.
- 8Carefully add the cooled jelly mixture and stir well (it takes a bit of stirring to get it all mixed together properly).
- 9Remove the bowl of set raspberries from the fridge and top with the raspberry cream cheese mixture.
- 10Leave to cool a little longer and put back in the fridge for 2 hours or until totally set.
- 11Serve! Mmmmm!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Must Try Low Fat Raspberry Dessert (Panna Cotta-Ish)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 265.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberries in juice
sugar-free raspberry gelatin