Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hubby doesn't like mussels. More for me! From 365 Low Calorie Recipes. Serve with crusty bread.
Make and share this Mussels Steamed in White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place mussels in a large kettle. Add onion, 2 tablespoons parsley, thyme, pepper, wine and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, until mussels open. Stir well.
- Remove mussels with a slotted spoon. Discard any that do not open.
- Strain juices through a cheesecloth.
- Divide mussels into 4 soup bowls. Pour hot broth over.
- Top with remaining parsley and serve.