- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Tabascio)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium high heat bring first 5 ingredients (clam juice - tomato paste) to a boil.
- Add mussels and butter to pot, cover and cook until mussels open (3-5 minutes); discard any mussels which do no open.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowl,serving with crusty bread.