Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is an oldie but a goodie
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 59.14 ml capers, drained
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 78.07 ml red wine
- 1360.77 g mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 453.59 g linguine, cooked
- heat oil in a 12 inch skillet.
- add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir.
- add tomatoes, paste, oregano, basil, capers, olives, and wine, breaking up tomatoes simmer about 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- meanwhile cook the linguine and drain.
- raise the heat of the sauce to medium, add the mussels, and cover.
- cook 3-6 minutes more until mussels open.
- discard any that don't open.
- serve sauce over linguine.
Might be an oldie for you Chia, for me this was new! The combination of the ingredients that made the sauce were great. Thanks for posting this because we eat mussels quite often and I will make this recipe again! BTW..at time of writing this review it says in the ingredients, a 28 oz can of whole tomato puree, I took that for tomatoes and you might want to have that corrected, its probably a computer mistake?
Yummy. I love the sauce. Perfectly seasoned..I followed the recipe exactly.
I made this yesterday for my BF and father and they told me it was very good.Thanks for the recipe Chia!!