Recipe by justcallmetoni
Posting this for inclusion in the Zaar Worls Tour. A simple dish from the Greek islan from Cyprus, the would make a nice addition to a meze platter or as a side dish. Though it is an untried dish, it comes from World Vegetarian - a simply wonderful compilation of recipes by Madhur Jaffrey.
Top Review by Nif
Yummy!! Very easy and delicious. My mushrooms were huge so I cut them in 6 instead of 4. I had ground coriander and used 1/2 teaspoon of that. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large white mushroom, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the fungi appear to be cooked and glazed.
- Add the corriander and wine. Stir and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Adjust to suit your taste. Stir and mix once more.