Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Serve this dip/spread with crackers or thick tortilla chips. I think my mom has made this with cilantro instead of parsley as well.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced green chilies, canned
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 large mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a mixing bowl combine cheese, sour cream, onion, parsley, and green chiles.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and garlic to melt butter over low heat.
- Place mushrooms in a shallow baking dish cab side down (they are to be stuffed).
- Brush mushrooms with garlic butter and fill each cap with a Tbsp cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle caps with parmesan cheese, broil until cheese is bubbly, about 3 minutes.