1/1 Photo of Mushrooms on the Side
Too easy and lots of people like them! I do these for cooking out with poultry and red meats. Good for hamburgers too. Even stirred into rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean your mushrooms.
- 2To slice your mushrooms: Break off the stems and slice the tops into 3 slices. (I say this because I pick the big tubby mushrooms).
- 3Slice butter into several pieces.
- 4In a 10 inch skillet:.
- 5Melt the butter in your skillet over medium heat.
- 6Place all of your mushroom bits into the skillet, including the stems.
- 7Stir well, coating the mushrooms with the butter.
- 8Turn your heat to medium low and cover your skillet.
- 9Check and stir every 10 minutes or so, so your mushrooms continue to be basted in the butter. They will form their own liquid, this is fine.
- 10When your mushrooms are dark and soft they are ready, at least 1/2 hour. If you need to you can turn the heat LOW and keep them until the rest of your meal is finish. Once you've turned the heat down you needn't stir as often.
- 11Serve on the side of your main meal as a compliment.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms on the Side
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g