Recipe by thistleridge
Fast, easy and so good for you. The red wine brought the taste of the kale to a whole new level! Our family is new to kale and really loving it. Enough to grow lots of it in our garden this spring. This recipe came from Rachel Ray.
Top Review by Lioness
This is outstanding. I didn't have wine on hand so used grape juice instead. I've now made it twice once with butter and once for a strict vegetarian with coconut oil. Both times it was absolutely fantastic. The mushrooms are so very flavorful I'm going to try them with a few other recipes. I'll definitely be making this recipe again!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 24 mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 1 lb kale, stems removed & leaves chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt olive oil and butter.
- Add chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms.
- Saute until browned and then add salt & pepper.
- Add chopped kale and wine. Toss and cover.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes until wilted and tender.
- Before serving salt and pepper to taste.