Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast, easy and so good for you. The red wine brought the taste of the kale to a whole new level! Our family is new to kale and really loving it. Enough to grow lots of it in our garden this spring. This recipe came from Rachel Ray.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 24 mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 1 lb kale, stems removed & leaves chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, melt olive oil and butter.
- Add chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms.
- Saute until browned and then add salt & pepper.
- Add chopped kale and wine. Toss and cover.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes until wilted and tender.
- Before serving salt and pepper to taste.
This is outstanding. I didn't have wine on hand so used grape juice instead. I've now made it twice once with butter and once for a strict vegetarian with coconut oil. Both times it was absolutely fantastic. The mushrooms are so very flavorful I'm going to try them with a few other recipes. I'll definitely be making this recipe again!