Recipe by Georgia Girl
These are very tasty,and one of my favorite things to have at a buffet party. They are also very easy to prepare.
Top Review by aronsinvest
These were wonderful. My husband loved them. It does not need salt. You can even add more mushrooms than it calls for. I used unsalted butter and I'm glad I did. Great for an appetizer party. This has not been reviewed for 6 years shame on you people try some new recipes. :)
- 1 lb button mushroom (small size is best)
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine (any type)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the mushrooms to clean thoroughly, and place on paper towels to dry.
- Set aside.
- Cut the butter into small chunks, and place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and stir until the butter has melted and everything has blended.
- Add the mushrooms whole and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a serving dish with a slotted spoon.