Mushrooms and Asparagus Sauce With Toasted Pignoli
- Cook asparagus in a steaming rack set over simmer water, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet; melt butter; add in mushrooms and onion; stir/saute until tender and moisture has cooked off, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream; heat to boiling; add in asparagus; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese.