1 hr 20 mins
From Cooking Pleasures Magazine This is a vegetarian lasagna that can be made for OAMC. To add some variety, try using some wild or exotic mushrooms instead of plain button mushrooms. If you use portobellos, scrape out the dark gills before you slice them, or your sauce will discolor. Directions are included to either make 1 9x13 pan, or 2 8x8 pans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained dried and julienned (jarred kind)
- 9 -12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1Make the sauce:.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3Add shallots and sage, and cook, stirring, until slightly softened.
- 4Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, continue to cook until mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add butter, stirring until it's melted.
- 6Whisk in flour, and cook for about 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- 7Add broth, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Add milk, sherry, and nutmeg; return to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat, and stir cheese into the hot sause until melted and smooth.
- 10Make the vegetables:.
- 11In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- 12Add garlic, and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- 13Add spinach, salt and nutmeg, stir well to combine the ingredients.
- 14Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 15Assemble the lasagna:.
- 16For a 9x13 pan:.
- 17Grease the pan.
- 18Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- 19Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- 20Spread spinach over the noodles.
- 21Cover spinach with 1/2 cup sauce.
- 22Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- 23Spread peppers over the noodles.
- 24Cover peppers with 1/2 cup sauce.
- 25Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- 26Top with remaining sauce.
- 27Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 28For 2 8x8 pans:.
- 29Grease the pans.
- 30Spread 1/4 cup sauce in the bottom of each pan.
- 31Lay 2 lasagna noodles over the sauce in each pan.
- 32Spread 1/2 of the spinach over the noodles in each pan.
- 33Cover spinach with 1/4 cup sauce in each pan.
- 34Lay 2 lasagna noodles over the sauce in each pan.
- 35Spread 1/2 of the peppers over the noodles in each pan.
- 36Cover peppers with 1/4 cup sauce in each pan.
- 37Lay 2 lasagna noodles over the sauce in each pan.
- 38Top with remaining sauce.
- 39Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 40To freeze, wrap each pan well, and freeze.
- 41Thaw completely before cooking, and let stand at room temp for 1/2 hour before baking.
- 42Heat oven to 350°F.
- 43Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes until the lasagna is bubbly and the cheese begins to brown.
- 44Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 1117.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
no-boil lasagna noodles