Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Mother's Wonderful Chicken Soup" by Myra Chanin
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced fresh mushroom cap, preferably crimini
- 8 scallions, including 3 inches of green top,sliced into long ovals
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped or chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb fine egg noodles (cooked according to the directions on the package and drained)
- On high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of butter or oil.
- Add mushrooms and scallions, and cook until the mushrooms release all of their juices and are browned.
- Beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder, and combine with the noodles and cooked mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil in non-stick pan until it is very hot and drop the noodle mixture in 1/4-cup amounts in the pan, flattening each pancake down.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
- Blot with paper towels.