- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 200 g finely sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Basmati rice must be used for this recipe.
- Add the stock cube and cardamom pods to the water in a large pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Bring the water to the boil and add the basmati rice.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes stirring occasionally, drain.
- Pop the cardamom seeds into the rice and discard the husks.
- Stir fry the mushrooms with a little vegetable oil, thin stir in the cooked rice, toss to coat and serve.