Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. This looks like it comes from a fine-dine eatout!
- 15 large fresh button mushrooms, clean, wash and thickly slice mushrooms
- 1 small onion, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 4 -6 fresh garlic cloves, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cream
- 2 cups whole milk (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add bay leaf, onion and garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add mushrooms.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Make a puree of the cooked mushrooms.
- Add the remaining vegetable stock to it.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and white pepper powder.
- Simmer the soup for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and remove from heat.
- Place soup in individual cups.
- Keep a deep bowl in the refrigerator to chill it.
- In this chilled bowl pour in the chilled milk and beat it with a fork.
- This will develop froth in it which can be collected with a ladle and placed on the hot mushroom soup giving it a cappuccino effect.
- Sprinkle powdered cinnamon and serve immediately.