Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great weeknight dinner. It is even quicker to throw together if you saute the bacon, mushrooms, & onions earlier in the day. If you don't have mushrooms or bacon on hand, you can substitute other veggies or ham. It's very versatile!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh rosemary, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup other cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in an oven safe saute pan until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the bacon drippings, saute the mushrooms and onions until cooked through and softened. Remove to plate.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil into saute pan and saute potatoes, turning often, until cooked through and lightly browned.
- While potatoes are cooking, beat eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Return the mushrooms, onions, and bacon to the saute pan, spreading evenly.
- Add beaten eggs, sprinkle with rosemary and cook on medium until just set around the edges.
- Place saute pan in the preheated oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until center is set. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place back in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Slide out onto serving plate and cut into wedges.
Delicious! I omitted the salt and used the cheddar cheese. It was very good and smelled so wonderful while cooking. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall 09