Recipe by alarra
This came from a recent issue of Food Ideas magazine (AUS), I think. It takes a little cooking time, but it's simple, smells great straight out of the oven, and tastes hearty.
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups stock (of choice)
- 1⁄2 brown onion
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup mixed herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce and honey in a large dish and add mushrooms; stir to mix then cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan over medium heat; add finely chopped onion and cook until tender.
- Add rice, stir well; add mushroom, marinade & stock and stir well.
- allow to come to boil on medium heat.
- pour into 4 cup (1L) oven proof dish, and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- bake for ~1 hr until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- stir through pepper, salt, herbs (leaves roughly chopped); sit for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- serve hot.