Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe takes advantage of the convenient mini phyllo shells. It's a great make-ahead dish since they can be made a day ahead and put into the oven just before guests arrive.
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cremini mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 15 miniature phyllo cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl of a food processor, process the shallots and garlic until chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the small bowl of the processor and process until chopped.
- In a heated saute pan, add the olive oil and the shallot-garlic mixture and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and continue to saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer until the liquid evaporates.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the basil.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each phyllo shell.
- Top with about 1/2 t of goat cheese, or to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.