Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped portabella mushroom caps
- 4 cups finely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and jalapeño; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and salt; sauté 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Remove mushroom mixture from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Return pan to heat; add 1 tortilla. Cook 1 minute; turn tortilla over.
- Arrange about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture over half of tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold in half; cook 30 seconds on each side or until cheese melts and tortilla is golden.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, mushroom mixture, and cheese. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.