Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Bon Appetit. I LOVE brunch and brunch dishes that include eggs and cheese. This is a delightful brunch dish for two.
- 4 large eggs
- 59.16 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 baby portabella mushrooms, stemmed, thickly sliced
- 19.71 ml drained capers
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, Dijon mustard, pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Heat oil in small ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and capers. Saute until mushrooms are brown and juices evaporate, about 6 minutes. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cook without stirring until eggs are almost set, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil until top is brown and set, about 1 minute.
- Cool frittata 5 m inutes. Run spatula around edges to loosen and slide out onto plate. Cut in half and serve.