Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This looks interesting, so of course I have to post it! From the Paraclete Parents Alumni Cookbook
- 1 cup mild dark beer
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- In top half of double boiler, mix beer, 1/2 c water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/4 c water.
- Mix to dissolve and add to beer mixture.
- Beat egg yolks and add to beer mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until it coats a metal spoon 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until they stand in soft peaks.
- Fold into cold beer mixture.
- Pour into 6 individual dishes.
- May be served with whipped cream.