1/1 Photo of Mum's Special Scones
C-J from the UK's Note:
This is my mum's recipe for a light Scottish scones. They're always a winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat Oven to 425oF, 220oC or Gas Mark 7.
- 2In a bowl put self raising flour, baking powder and butter (or margarine)
- 3Rub in until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 4Stir in sugar.
- 5In a measuring jug beat the egg and mix in milk.
- 6Stir Egg/Milk mixture into the flour and mix until it becomes like a soft dough. (add extra milk if too dry).
- 7Turn on to a floured table.
- 8Knead lightly and roll out to 1.5 cm (1/2") thickness.
- 9Cut into rounds and put onto greased or floured baking tray/sheet.
- 10Brush tops with a little beaten egg (or milk).
- 11Bake for 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- 12Remove from oven and put on a wire cooling rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Special Scones
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g