Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
White sauce that can be used on veggies, chicken, steak, pasta. Many variations for multiple uses.
- 1 (45 g) packetcontinental 'cream of' soup
- 500 ml milk (full cream, low fat or skim can all be used)
- 1 (50 g) packet cream of chicken soup mix or 1 (50 g) packetcream mushroom soup mix or 1 (50 g) packetcheese and leek soup mix
- ground black pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (optional) or 1⁄2 cup ham, pieces (optional)
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 clove crushed garlic (optional)
- Add dry soup powder to cold milk, use a whisk or fork to combine.
- Continue to whisk over medium heat in a saucepan/pot until think and simmering.
- Serve Options (endless as your imagination) Make with cream of chicken soup and milk for a white sauce for veggies.
- Add pepper and/or chives and/or white wine and/or garlic to Cream of Chicken for a great white sauce for over veggies, grilled chicken or pasta.
- Add cheese and bacon/ham (Onion optional) with cream of leek and mix in with 500g cooked pasta for macaroni cheese.
- Add pepper and mushrooms (Onion optional) to cream of mushroom for a great mushroom sauce for steak, pasta or chicken.