Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This bread is called "Multi-Grain and More" because it is so packed with good-for-you stuff. All those grains give it a full, rich flavor and enough body to stick to your ribs. If you want the benefits of cereal and the timeliness of toast, this is the bread for you! From Electric Bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup 7 grain rolled cereal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons cracked wheat
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put ingredients in your bread machine according to your manufacturer's recommendations.
- Success Hints: Any unsweetened multi-grain cereal should work in this bread.
- For accent and crunch, sprinkle a few oats on top after the final rise.
- This recipe can be made with the whole wheat, white, rapid, or delay bake cycle.
Great bread. I only had 5 grain cereal so added 1 T sunflower, 1 t. sesame and poppy seeds. I did it in the ABM and baked in the oven at 350 deg. for 30 min.
This turned out great with a nice light texture unlike other multigrains I've tried. I used a bit more whole wheat and a bit less white flour also I didn't have oat bran or cracked wheat so I subbed ground flax seeds and rolled oats. I formed it into two smaller loaves and baked in a 350F oven for about 25 minutes. Perfect! Thanks for posting, Bev.