Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great vegan pudding for Xmas. Requires overnight soaking.
- 140 g golden granulated sugar
- 300 ml red wine
- 1 orange, spiked with cloves and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 small pears, peeled cored and quartered
- Day before --
- Put sugar, 300ml water and wine in a large pan. Add orange, lemon and cinnamon and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove orange, lemon and cinnamon and add pears. Simmer for 15 minutes Cover and stand overnight in a cool place.
- On the day --
- Remove pears and set aside. Bring liquid to boil and boil for about 20 mins until thick and syrupy.
- To serve warm, add the pears now and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- To serve cold allow syrup to cool and serve poured over pears.