Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
- 2 (225 g) cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, powdered
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ghee (for frying)
- water (for kneading)
- Put warm milk in a bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over it.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Sieve flour with salt in a bowl.
- Add aniseeds powder.
- Now pour the yeast mixture and yield well.
- Add little water if needed.
- Make a soft dough, cover it.
- Set aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Knead again and allow it to rise.
- Divide the dough into 10 parts, shape them into balls and roll into rounds about 5"-6" in diameter.
- Now roast them until light brown on a hot griddle.
- Before serving, smear ghee on each hot roti.